The medical community has recognized that cardiovascular disease is rarely a localized process. For example patients with coronary artery disease (obstruction of the heart arteries) are more likely to have obstructions in the arteries in other parts of their bodies (legs , carotids etc.).
For this reason we offer a large array of imaging studies to detect such problems as :
- Carotid artery ultrasound.
- Abdominal aorta ultrasound to evaluate for aneurysms (dilatation of the artery).
- Renal artery ultrasound as part of the evaluation of patients with hypertension.
- Lower extremities vascular studies (ABI).
- Lower extremities venous and arterial ultrasound.
- Evaluation of lower extremities venous reflux.